Walks in Littondale
Littondale is an ideal location in the Yorkshire Dales National Park for a walking holiday; here you can escape the crowds and walk in peace and quiet in the rolling hills and dales.
Below are a number of different walks; with options of easy, moderate, hard or very hard!
All walks start from various locations in Littondale and all have maps and full detailed instructions provided.
* All distances and climbing are approximate
Please follow the Countryside Code in Littondale
If you do, you’ll enjoy your walk and you will be helping to protect our Dale now and for future generations. Download The Countryside Code pdf here.
- Consider the Littondale local community and other people enjoying the outdoors
- Leave gates and property as you find them and follow the paths unless open access is available
- Park responsibly if parking within one of our lovely villages or on the side of the road
- Do not block access to gateways or driveways when parking
- Reduce your speed and drive carefully on our Littondale roads
- Keep the noise down. Peace and quiet is one of Littondale’s special qualities
- Leave no trace of your visit and take your litter home
- Keep your dogs under control and dispose of dog waste responsibly
- Plan ahead and be prepared
- Follow advice and local signs
- Ensure you have the correct clothing and equipment
- Take only photos and memories. Leave nothing behind
- Prevent erosion by avoiding spreading out on paths, particularly during winter or after wet weather
- The Littondale hay meadows during late spring and early summer are a joy to see. Avoid spreading out and trampling the grass. This is cut and used as winter feed for livestock